The Ultra Compact
Trip Computer - Digital Gauges - Scan Tool
The integrated Trip Computer provides realtime feedback while simultaneously tracking three sets of trip data. The Digital Gauges give you realtime data for your vehicle and the built-in Scan Tool allows you to read trouble codes and diagnose potentially expensive problems before they get out of hand.
All this in a small and simple to install unit that can be easily moved from vehicle to vehicle.
Compact size - Fits almost anywhere! The compact size of the ScanGaugeII allows you to mount just about anywhere. it's so small, you can even slip it into your pocket and take it with you. The dimensions of the ScanGaugeII are 4.8" wide by 1.5" high by 1.0" deep. The cord from the diagnostic connector to the control/display is 6' long and about 0.2" in diameter.
Works On 1996 or Newer Vehicles - Including: Gas, Diesel, Propane and Hybrid Vehicles
Detachable Cable - Allows for easy portability from vehicle to vehicle. The cable is detachable at the ScanGauge II and can be connected on the back or side of the unit. Once connected to your vehicles OBDII port, the ScanGaugeII automatically negotiates communications with your cars computer - It's that easy!
Menu Driven Operations - No need to memorize complex sequences
Works On All OBDII Protocols - Including CAN, required on all vehicles starting in 2008.
Large High Contrast LCD - User changeable backlight color
Money Back Guarantee! - 30 day unconditional money back guarantee!!
The ScanGaugeII is an extremely compact automotive computer designed to read and display information about your vehicle in real time.
Simply connect the ScanGaugeII to your vehicle through it's OBDII port using the included cable, turn the ignition key and the ScanGaugeII automatically connects to your cars internal computer - it's that simple.
- Automatically tracks four sets of trip data - Each with 11 individually stored parameters.
The CURRENT trip is restarted after the engine has been off for more than 3 minutes. The TODAY trip is restarted after the vehicle has not moved for 9 hours. The data from TODAY is moved to PREVIOUS DAY when it is restarted. This way, you don't have to reset the trip computers when you start a trip. There is also a TANK Trip which you reset when you fill up the tank. It can provide you with "to empty" data as well as other useful information. The information is available anytime during the trip. The CURRENT trip can be reset. This is useful for making fuel economy measurements at a steady speed.
- Maximum Speed
- Average Speed
- Maximum Coolant Temperature
- Maximum RPM
- Driving Time
- Driving Distance
- Fuel Used
- Trip Fuel Economy
- Distance to Empty
- Time to Empty
- Fuel to Empty
The GAUGE mode can display instantaneous fuel economy, but small variations in throttle, terrain or even wind will cause this to wander around some. The CURRENT trip computer and its RESET capability can smooth this out over a longer distance. A demonstration of how to do this can be chosen below.
The TRIP modes in the ScanGauge II can be used to save gas. Improved driving habits can improve fuel economy by up to 30% according to a US Government source. The ScanGauge II lets you try different driving techniques and routes and gives quick feedback on how they affect fuel use.
- Display 4 gauges at a time from the 12 built-in digital gauges. the information is presented in Real-time!
The ScanGauge II can display up to 4 of 12 possible gauges at one time. The units of measure can be changed and the rate of update can be increased or decreased.
- Fuel Economy
- Fuel Rate
- Battery Voltage
- Coolant Temperature
- Intake Air Temperature
- Engine Speed (RPM)
- Vehicle speed (MPH)
- Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
- Engine Load
- Throttle Position
- Ignition Timing
- Open/Closed Loop
- The ScanGaugeII allows you to troubleshoot your own car, read error codes, and the conditions present when the error occurred. You can also turn off the “Check Engine” light and avoid those costly trips to the mechanic.
The ScanGauge II can check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and if found, can display how many there are and the Trouble Codes themselves.Using the internet or repair manuals, these can be translated to the failed component and repairs can be made.
- Reads Trouble Codes
- Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
- Clears Trouble Codes
- Turns off the "Check Engine" light
- Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing
- Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes to send to the vehicle computer
Data captured when the Trouble Code was set can be recalled to help troubleshoot the problems (was the temperature hot or cold, speed high or low, etc.). The ScanGauge II can be used to clear the trouble codes and data which will turn off the warning (Check Engine, Service Engine soon, etc.) lamp.
Some states now require that vehicle self tests have been completed since the codes were last cleared, before running emissions checks. The ScanGauge reports this "Readiness".
In additional the features listed above, the ScanGaugeII also includes these features:
Easy to Operate
User Settable Backlight Display Color
- Simple on-screen operation
- 4 menu driven soft keys
- User settable update rate (Slow, Normal and Fast)
- A HOME key to quickly return to the start screen
Automatic Power Control
- 7 Standard screen colors and a custom setting with 63 possible colors.
- Backlight for night use
- Both display and keys backlit
- User settable Off, Low and High
- Big display - 50% larger than the original ScanGauge
- Automatic delayed power-down after engine shutoff
- Automatic power-up when engine is started
- Manual power-up with delayed power-down via HOME key
(stored information is not lost when disconnected)
Easy Installation - no Tools Required!
- User settings automatically saved
- Up to 10 user commands can be stored and recalled
- Today, Yesterday and Tank Trip data automatically saved
- Vehicle settings automatically saved
- Cable detachable at the ScanGauge II. Can be connected on the back or side.
- Easily move from vehicle to vehicle
- Big display - 50% larger than the original ScanGauge
- Compact Size - just 4.8"W x 1.5"H x 1"D
NOTE: If you need to work on your car battery including disconnecting it for whatever reason, you must unplug the Scan Gauge II cable from your OBDII port first! Or else the power surge may fry the SGII! Also Pulse Plugs will render the SGII unconnectable w/ the ECU.